Other research question examples:
1. How did the Warren Court revolutionize modern American jurisprudence in the second half of the twentieth century?
2. How did American POWs' experiences in Vietnam compare to those in the Korean War/World War Two/World War One?
3. How did African American servicemen and service women's experiences in World War Two compare to each other and to those of white servicemen and service women? How did these experiences help lay the groundwork for the Civil Rights movement that followed the war?
4. How did American newspapers contribute to political infighting during the War of 1812? How did various newspapers portray stories about the war? What role did newspapers play in the War of 1812 more broadly? (Substitute specific group of newspapers and specific war, event, time period)
5. How did the definitions and treatments for mental illness evolve in American history from the 18th to the 20th century?
6. How did Allied nations' lack of responsiveness to Holocaust victims before and during World War Two contribute to the sheer scale of Holocaust victims?
7. How did Arkansas State University navigate de-segregation during the Civil Rights era?
8. What role did various American newspapers play in the evolution of the transgender civil rights movement in the second half of the twentieth century? How were transgender individuals portrayed?
9. How did Arkansans' experiences during the American Civil War differ from other southern and mid-southern states?
10. Was the American Revolution truly revolutionary? How and for whom?
11. How did Chinese immigrants' experiences at Angel Island compare to European immigrants' experiences at Ellis Island?
12. How did southern courts deal with the issue of inter-racial marriage in the 19th and 20th century? (Substitute specific level or group of courts and a specific issue--divorce, drunkenness, prostitution, domestic violence, etc)
13. What role did technology play in the Mexican Revolution? (Substitute a specific technology and a specific war, place, event, time period)
14. How did Spanish citizens under the Francoist regime resist their oppression and survive? (Substitute another group under a different regime)
15. What role did disease play in the First World War? (Substitute a specific disease and a specific war or time period)